As we’ve crossed the halfway mark in 2018, here are some thoughts and observations on what we are seeing in the local real estate market. The following are comparisons of key market indicators comparing the first half of 2018 with the first half of 2017.
As you can see, everything continues to indicate a robust real estate market throughout our region. The following are some observations if you are considering selling your home.
Sellers in this market:
- Prices continue to move up
- Houses are selling incredibly fast, so make sure to have a plan of where you are moving next
- Limited inventory, which means you can maximize your financial opportunity in the shortest amount of time
- Prepare your finances to be ready when you find the right home for you
- If a house comes along that you like, be prepared to act incredibly quick since houses are selling fast
- Rely heavily on your Buyer’s Agent to guide you in the process of negotiating and offering in a competitive market
- Interest rates are climbing and there are predictions that rates will continue to rise. If you’re on the fence about buying, I’d hop off the fence now. If you wait, it will cost you more to buy!
Contact CENTURY 21 Sweyer today for more information!