As we start to head into the busy season for the real estate market in 2018, we want to share some thoughts and observations on what we are seeing in the local real estate market after the 1st Quarter and what monthly home sales have looked like in the Jacksonville Board of REALTORS® over the last three years:
In the month of March, Century 21 Sweyer Jacksonville outpaced the market, month over month in closed volume and units, and our team closed more units than any other firm in our entire Board!
Observations for both Buyers and Sellers in the Market Today =
If you’re a seller:
- The average days on market is less than 90 days.
- Multiple offers, so you get to dictate terms.
- Less inventory which means less competition.
If you’re a buyer:
- Interest rates are starting to tick up, so now is the time to lock in and take advantage of historically low interest rates
- New home inventory options are available. Particularly popular options are new construction being built in the cities of Jacksonville, Sneads Ferry, Holly Ridge, Hubert, and Richlands.
Contact Century 21 Sweyer & Associates Jacksonville at 910.353.7755 for more information!