Need a seasonal treat to take to an Easter gathering? Looking for something fun to make with the kids? We’ve gathered a handful of recipes that are sure to be a hit.
Rice Krispie Nests
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups of crisp rice or rice krispies
- Edible Grass (or coconut died green)
- Robins egg candies
- Melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the marshmallows. Continue stirring until completely melted. Pour the mixture over the crisp rice cereal and stir until well combined.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and shape the nests. I found it helpful to also spray a spoon and use it to help make the indents. You could do this by hand but it would be quite messy!
- Let the rice krispies cool in the pan, pull them out, and decorate! I broke up the edible Easter grass, placed it in the next and filled the nest with the eggs.
Bunny Tail Trail Mix
- Annie’s Snicker Doodle Bunnie Cookies (2 Bags)
- Salted Peanuts
- Milk Chocolate M&Ms
- M&M Mini Malted Eggs
- Just pour all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
Carrot Strawberries Pudding Cups
- Strawberries rinsed and dried
- bag Orange Candy Melts (available at Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, Jo-Anns)
- Parchment paper
- Plastic Baggie and Scissors
CARROT PUDDING CUPS
- Clear Cups
- Crushed Oreos
- 1 box Chocolate Pudding large box
- 3 cups milk
- Carrot Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Begin by rinsing your strawberries. Place them on a paper towel to dry.
- Line a baking sheet or pan with parchment paper. Place Strawberries right next to your pan. Also, place a hot pad next to the pan for when the chocolate is melted.
- *NOTE: Sometimes the parchment paper doesn’t stay very well and starts to roll back up. To stop this I will spray a little cooking spray on the pan and then put on the parchment paper or use magnets to hold it down.
- Melt your Candy Melts (all of the bag except about 15-20 melts) by pouring them into a pan on LOW heat, stirring CONSTANTLY with a rubber spatula. Yes, it may take at least 5 minutes and your hand gets tired, but your candy will melt perfectly. When candy coating is completely smooth, remove from heat.
- Hold your pot of chocolate at an angle. Grab strawberries by the stem and dip both sides in the chocolate and place on your parchment paper. Continue doing this for all strawberries.
- Let Strawberries set on your counter until hard.
- Take a sandwich bag and cut the tip of it for the chocolate drizzle part. Set aside.
- Melt reserve candy melts in a pan on LOW stirring CONSTANTLY with a rubber spatula. When done pour the chocolate into the un-cut side of the baggie. Using a dish towel, squeeze the chocolate to the other side (it will be hot if you just use your hands) and gently drizzle the chocolate from side to side over the strawberries on the parchment paper. Let set.
- Prepare pudding cups by adding 2 TB crushed oreos to the bottom of each cup.
- Make pudding as directed on box.
- Pour pudding into cup over crushed oreos.
- Top with more crushed oreos
- Place strawberry in center.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Hatching Chick Deviled Eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp yellow mustard
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1 carrot for decoration
black olives for decoration
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and add enough water to cover by about 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and leave covered for 14 minutes. Rinse eggs under cold running water for 1 minute. Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels.
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each egg so it is flat and stands up. Cut the top off each egg about 1/3 of the way down, making sure to go through the yolk and the center is exposed. Carefully remove the yolks from both parts of the eggs, then place them in a bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper and mix until well combined. Transfer filling to a piping bag or use a plastic bag and snip off a corner.
- Pipe egg yolk mixture into the egg whites, using enough filling to go over the top so there is room for a face. Cut 6 beaks and 12 feet out of the carrot. Cut out 12 eyes from the olives. Decorate the face and place the feet under each chick. Put the egg white tops onto each chick to make it look like they are peeking out of the egg.
Easter Oreo Bark
· 10 oz white chocolate chips
· 4-5 oreos crushed
· 1/2 cup Pastel M&Ms
· Candy Sprinkles
1. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or use your Silpat mat, set aside.
2. Melt white chocolate in microwave until smooth and pour into prepared pan or onto mat.
3. Sprinkle M&Ms and Oreos on top of chocolate, press down so they stay put. Finish with candy sprinkles.
4. Place pan into freezer for about 10 minutes until the chocolate is completely hardened.
5. Break up bark with hands or cut with a warm knife. (Heat knife under hot water then wipe off and cut while it’s still hot. Repeat after each cut.)
6. Oreo Bark will keep for up to 7 days in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Bunny Butt Cookies
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies SAVE $
1/4 cup all-purpose flour SAVE $
1 container (12 oz) fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting Pink gel food color, if desired
22 miniature marshmallows
Assorted size candy sprinkles
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, knead cookie dough and flour with hands until well mixed.
2. Reshape dough into 9×1 1/2-inch log.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.Remove plastic wrap. Cut cookie dough into 33 slices. Cut 11 slices into 4 equal wedges; shape each wedge into ovals for bunny feet. Place cookie dough slices and bunny feet on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
5. In medium microwavable bowl, stir frosting and 1 to 3 drops pink food color until well blended. Microwave uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds or until soft but not translucent.
6. To make bunny butt, frost 1 whole cookie slice and 2 bunny feet with frosting. Place bunny feet on bottom of cookie as shown in photo. Place 1 marshmallow in center of each cookie for tail. Decorate bunny paws with candy sprinkles. Repeat with remaining cookie slices and bunny feet.