As we start to head into the busy season for the real estate market in 2018, we want to share some thoughts and observations on what we are seeing in the local real estate market after the 1st Quarter and what price appreciation has looked like in the Carteret County Association of REALTORS® over the last three years:
Observations for both Buyers and Sellers in the Market Today =
If you’re a seller:
- The average days on the market is less than 145 days.
- Multiple offers, so you get to dictate terms.
- Less inventory, which means less competition.
If you’re a buyer:
- Interest rates are starting to tick up, so now is the time to lock in and take advantage of historically low interest rates
- New home inventory options are available. Particularly popular options are new construction being built outside the city limits of Morehead City; such as Beaufort and Newport.
Contact CENTURY 21 Sweyer & Associates Morehead City at 252.240.2100 for more information!