As we start to head into the busy season for the real estate market in 2018, we want to share some thoughts and observations on what we are seeing in the local real estate market after the 1st Quarter and what price appreciation has looked like in the Cape Fear REALTORS® over the last five years:
Observations for both Buyers and Sellers in the Market Today =
If you’re a seller:
- The average days on market is less than 90 days
- Multiple offers, so you get to dictate terms
- Less inventory which means less competition
If you’re a buyer:
- Interest rates are starting to tick up, so now is the time to lock in and take advantage of historically low interest rates
- New home inventory options are available. Particularly popular options are new construction being built outside the city limits of Wilmington; such as Castle Hayne, Leland, and Hampstead.
Please contact CENTURY 21 Sweyer & Associates at 910.256.0021 for more information!