As we start to head into the busy season for the real estate market in 2018, we want to share some thoughts and observations on what we are seeing in the local real estate market after the 1st Quarter and what price appreciation has looked like in the Brunswick County Association of REALTORS® over the last three years:
Observations for both Buyers and Sellers in the Market Today =
If you’re a seller:
- The average days on the market is less than 120 days.
- Multiple offers, so you get to dictate terms.
- Less inventory, which means less competition.
If you’re a buyer:
- Interest rates are starting to tick up, so now is the time to lock in and take advantage of historically low interest rates
- New home inventory options are available. Particularly popular options are new construction being built in the cities of Leland, Southport, Bolivia, Calabash, and Shallotte.
Contact CENTURY 21 Sweyer & Associates Holden Beach at 910.842.5500 for more information!